University Establishes Business and Economics Agency
King Khalid University recently established a Business and Economic Agency. Dr. Abdullatif Ibrahim Al-Hadithi was appointed as King Khalid University's Vice President for Business and Knowledge Economy for a period of three years set by the approval of the Minister of Education.
King Khalid University Rector, His Excellency Prof. Falleh Al-Solamy, explained that establishing the agency will contribute to the development of business programs and departments in the university. Even more, he noted, the agency will enhance creativity, increase the percentage of skilled workers in the region, and augment sustainable development in accord with Vision 2030.
Rector Al-Solamy stressed that the agency will contribute to the formation of an advanced knowledge-based economic framework through the implementation of partnership programs between and among educational/research institutions and the business community. He thanked Minister of Education, His Excellency Dr. Hamad bin Mohammed Al-Shaikh, for supporting the university's services and programs and encouraging educational development leadership.
Of noteworthy mention, the Business and Economic agency will maintain close ties with deanships and departments in the university that includes but is not limited to:
- The Deanship of Community Service and Continuing Education;
- The Institute for Research and Consultancy Studies;
- The General Directorate of Self Resources;
- The General Administration for Investment;
- The Center for Talent and Creativity;
- The Center for the Development of Administrative Leaders;
- The Corporate Governance Center.