University Holds 9th Annual Council Meeting: Recommends a Variety of New Academic Programs
King Khalid University Rector, His Excellency Prof. Falleh Al-Solamy, chaired the university's Ninth Council Meeting. In addition to the regular members (Vice Rectors and Deans), the Secretary-General (Interim) for the Committee of Higher Education, Dr. Mohammed bin Abdulaziz Al-Saleh, attended. His Excellency began the meeting by thanking Allah for his blessings and praising the Prophet; peace be upon him. Vice Rector of Graduate Studies, Prof. Saad Al-Amri, reviewed the meeting agenda. The topics discussed included:
- The university final financial account;
- Establishment of the infrastructure for Academic Guidance;
- Approval of attendance rules and regulations;
- Faculty participation in the scientific meetings;
- Rules and regulation for scientific communications;
- Executive rules regarding promotions;
- Rules for faculty member publication;
- Consideration of applications for promotions to the rank of assistant professor;
- Consideration of new diploma, undergraduate and graduate curricula in the university system.
The Council also recommended the approval of a number of new programs including: PhD in Business Administration, Master of Public Health, Executive Master of Applied Computing, Master of Science in Data Science in Information Systems, Master of Educational Policies, Diploma in Cyber Security, Diploma in Prevention of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances, Marketing Diploma, and Diploma of Web and Mobile Applications Development.