The General Directorate of Information Technology (IT) of King Khalid University (KKU) has accomplished the first training course that has been offered to the university stakeholders, faculty members and staff. The training course targeted the university available entities - male and female - that were trained on the use of systems and technical services.
Service Request Management system (SRM).
The first training portfolio was about Service Request Management (SRM) through which the user could submit his / her complaints electronically without the need to call the technical staff or the administration. The problem will be handled automatically, and then the user will receive immediately an SMS after getting the complaint resolved.
Enabling 700 users.
Courses have been held in several sites under many professional trainers. Over the last two weeks, trainees have exceeded 700 male and female employees, and courses have seen a great reaction from the university stakeholders.
1. Office of His Excellency the Rector.
2. Office of His Excellency the Vice - President.
3. The Vice - President for Educational and Academic Affairs.
4. The Vice - President for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.
5. The Vice - President for Health Specialties.
6. The Vice - President for Development and Quality.
7. University Vice - Presidency for Girls.
8. Deanship of Admission and Registration.
9. Deanship of Student Affairs.
10. Deanship of Graduate Studies.
11. Deanship of Faculty Members and Staff Affairs.
12. Deanship of e-learning.
13. Deanship of Development and Quality.
14. Deanship of community service.
15. Deanship of Library Affairs.
16. Deanship of Scientific Research.
17. Media Center.
18. Security and Safety Management.
19. Scholarship Management.
20. The General Department of Administrative and Financial Affairs.
21. The General Administration of University Relations.
22. Faculty of Sharia.
23. Faculty of Humanities.
24. Faculty of Languages and Translation.
25. Faculty of Education.
26. Faculty of Administrative and Financial Sciences.
27. Faculty of Pharmacy.
28. Computer Faculty science.
29. Faculty of Engineering.
30. Faculty of Medicine.
31. Faculty of Sciences.
32. Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences.
33. Community Faculty.
Information Technology (IT) has promised to provide more training courses about all the systems and services provided by them to facilitate the thread of work for the employees of the university.
Users' empowerment and the cooperation of the university entities.
For his part, the General Supervisor of Information Technology, Dr. Salem Alelyani, has thanked all the engaged bodies, and has expressing his great pleasure with their collaborating with the coordinators of Information Technology. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) further explained the permanent pursuit of Information Technology to enable the employees of the university to use their services to the fullest without trouble, promising them more effort for greater achievement.