Praise is to God, and prayer and peace be upon the Messenger of God, and his family and companions, and followers.
The Unit of Intellectual Awareness at King Khalid University (KKU), is an independent body of corporate administration which is being supervised by the President of KKU, and which is dealing with all the religious and intellectual aspects of interest to the university in particular, and to the community in general.
The Unit develops and implements programs that address the extreme behaviors and deviant ideas. It has been established on 1/9/1435 AH by the royal decree No. 35391, and on 06/21/1436 AH by the royal decree number 27 526. This decree was issued according to the media plan in order to face the propaganda of deviant ideas among Saudi youth, with creating a "Unit of Intellectual Awareness" in all universities, as one of the media plan items.
The Unit will include administrative, organizational and financial structures. The membership of the Unit will comprise a number of specialist professors in Islamic law, in education and in psychology, and other members from related colleges, from related deanships and from related departments in the university. It will be headed and supervised by the President of the University. Furthermore, it will cooperate with the judicial, with the advocacy, and with the educational security sectors, as well as with the media. Moreover, it will have a cadre of students among the student committees from all colleges.
To instill constructive intellectual leadership in the students of the university, and to develop qualitatively preventive and therapeutic methods against deviant ideas, their manifestations and their tools.
The Unit of Intellectual Awareness seeks to serve the university community and the society in general, through projects, scientific researches, studies, events and programs, which aim to solve the causes, the effects and the manifestations of extremism. Such activity will contribute in strengthening the values of national loyalty and belonging for young people.
The Unit of Intellectual Awareness aims to achieve the following:
- To enrich sound thinking based on religion and on Sharia.
- To build legitimate, intellectual and balanced vision of how a university student should be.
- To clarify the necessity of obedience and adhere to Muslim community.
- To enhance the student's role in achieving the national loyalty and in the maintenance of security.
- To highlight the seriousness of takfir (excommunication) and its relation with religious extremism.
- To inculcate in the students, the awareness against the dangers of the social networks in broadcasting rumors and extreme ideas.
- To develop a sound religious sense for students, and to warn them of the consequences of taking easy infallible bloods.
- To protect the youth from intellectual trends of deviant extremism or crude groups.
- To establish a complementary relationship between the university and community in order to make the members of the community aware of, and to educate them on, the dangers of terrorism and of extremism.
- To build effective communication channels with all governmental and private sector organizations; to build an integrated national project aims at keeping the security, and maintaining the capabilities of this blessed country.
First / KKU President, Prof. Abdul Rahman bin Hamad Al Dawood.
Second / The Supervisor of Intellectual Awareness Unit, Prof. Yahia bin Abdullah Al Bakri Al Shehri.
Third / Administration Manager of Intellectual Awareness Unit, Prof. Saeed bin Abdullah Zurraib Al Shahrani.
|Office Manager's Tel|
|Office Manager's Fax|
|Unit's ُ E-mail|
|Unit's ُ Website|