In 1419 AH, the university Vice Presidency for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research was part of the approved structure of King Khalid University, since then it has many missions, responsibilities, and powers which coordinate with main demands needed to set up the university .
the university Vice Presidency for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research did a lot of achievements since that date and so far. A lot of relevant persons have exerted best and creative efforts, in front of them the former Vice Presidents:
- Professor, Mohammed Bin Yahia Al-Shehri
- Professor, Mohamed Bin Ali Al Hayaze
- Professor, Saed Bin Abdullah Sabr
- Professor, Ahmed Bin Taher Mubarak
- Majid Bin Abdulkarim Al Harbi
Professor, Saad Abdulrahman Muhammad Al Amri is the University Vice President for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research up till now.
The university Vice Presidency for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research is looking forward to distinction in its programs and exploiting this distinction to have a pioneering role in the scientific research field so that it can take part in developing society and spreading the culture of creativity.
To create a model environment suitable for implementing the university mission towards distinction in Graduate Studies and Scientific Research to meet society needs and national development plans by figuring out needs and suggesting solutions.
- To oversee the university strategic plan to improve Graduate Studies and Scientific Research and follow implementing it.
- To diversify Graduate studies programs and the outcomes of scientific research in accordance with of cognitive development trends and link them to the strategic needs for the Kingdom so that they can take part in continuous development.
- To work on reaching distinction in Graduate Studies and Scientific Research programs and increasing outcomes in accordance with the criteria of academic accreditation.
- To spread the culture of original scientific research in the colleges departments and university research centres.
- To review policies, systems, and rules supporting uniqueness and innovation, in addition to motivate and cherish talented.
- To encourage, motivate, and support research abilities in the university by developing and updating the understructure of scientific research focusing on research fields in which the university can make scientific distinction.
- To support cooperation among scientific specialities by activating correlations between graduate studies programs and scientific research to exploit potentialities and improve programs quality.
- To establish strategic partnership to serve graduate studies and scientific research programs and to get the benefit out of these partnerships.
- On-going evaluation to the outcomes of graduate studies and scientific research programs at King Khalid University.
- To put plans and identify the university needs out of lecturers and follow the rules of transparency and justice in assigning them so that we can build a generation of teaching staff able to take the responsibility after rehabilitation.
- To oversee the Scientific Council and improve its performance to serve teaching staff concerning assigning, promoting them and even other academic activities in accordance with rules and regulations which organize the relationship between the member of the teaching staff and the university.
- To attract distinctive competencies in all specialties to work at the university in order to raise the level of the educational process and to strengthen research potentialities at the university by exploiting the experiences of those distinctive teachers and researchers.