The Scientific Council of King Khalid University recommended the promotion of a number of faculty members to the rank of Assistant Professor in various faculties of the university, and formed the scientific production revision committees for a number of other applicants for promotion. This came during the 4th meeting of the Council for the academic year 1435/1436 AH, which was headed by the Vice - President for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research, Dr. Majid bin Abdul Karim Al Harbi.
The Secretary of the Scientific Council, Dr. Mohammed bin Yahya Alfaifi reported that the Council has taken resolutions to promote seven of the teaching staff members as follows:
1. To promote Dr. Saeed bin Saeed Hamdan to the rank of Professor at the Faculty of Humanities.
2. To promote Dr. Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Bawahab to the rank of Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine.
3. To promote Dr. Abdulrahman Bin Hassan Mahsne to the rank of Associate Professor Department of Arabic Language and Literature at the Faculty of Humanities.
4. To promote Dr. Mohammed bin Hassan Safran to the rank of Associate Professor, Department of Curriculum and Methodologies, Faculty of Education.
5. To promote Dr. Saeed Bin Qassim Al-Khalidi to the rank of Associate Professor at the Administrative Information Systems Department, the Faculty of Administrative and Financial Sciences.
6. To promote Dr. Saad bin Nasha Alasmari to the rank of Associate Professor at the Department of the Faculty of Sharia and Religion Fundamentals.
7. To promote Dr Mohammed bin Lafi Alotaibi to the rank of Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine.