The Vice-Presidency of Development and Quality was established after having obtained the approval of the Custodian of the Two Holy mosques , the Prime Minster and the Chairman of the Council of Higher Education. Upon the 65th Meeting of the Higher Education Council held on 3/7/1423 AH (10/09/2002 AD)
Vision and Mission
Vision: To play a leading role in developing and improving Higher Education
Mission: To utilize various resources of the University to develop Higher Education in light of quality standards in order to achieve the goals of the University and its development requirements
- To develop vision, mission, goals and values of the University in the light of contemporary changes and recent developments.
- To supervise, follow-up and develop the strategic plan of the University.
- To supervise, follow-up and develop the technical plan for the strategic plan of the University.
- To assist Colleges, Academic Departments, Support Deanships and the different units of the University in developing their visions, missions and goals.
- To prepare and develop bulletins, prints material and manuals related to evaluation processes and academic accreditation.
- To spread the culture of quality along with the basics and principles of quality in Higher Education in order to achieve the mission and goals of the University.
- To develop and train employees of the University in order to achieve the comprehensive goals of quality.
- To provide the academic units of the University with support concerning processes of evaluation and academic accreditation.
- To provide the administrative units of the university with support concerning processes of evaluation and institutional accreditation.
- To study academic programs and their specializations at the Colleges of the University according to development requirements and labor market needs.
- To support the academic, administrative and support units of the University in order to develop their strategic plans.